A Project Designer collaborates with internal project teams and clients to design successful projects.
- Provide complete plan drawings and detailed furniture specifications - from block plans, to typical development through installation documentation and punch list completion
- Attends client meetings and construction meetings with project teams as necessary
- Coordinate design outsourcing for projects as necessary
- Work with project teams to develop a clear understanding of what is required for each project
Create 3D drawings to clarify product selections for the client
Perform on-site architectural field verifications with project teams as necessary
Adjust AutoCAD architecture per field verification by project team
Follow SideMark Design standards
Perform research on ancillary products and make recommendations for project team
Provide team feedback on specification concerns and product application issues
Perform double checks of other designers’ projects
Create order documentation for all product orders
Attend internal company meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Proficiency in current release of AutoCAD required
Proficiency in furniture specification software & 3D software
Knowledge of office furniture systems
Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Demonstrate attention to detail and team philosophy
Strong written and oral communications
Understanding of building and ADA codes
Possesses and displays SideMark’s values
EDUCATION AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or certificate in Interior Design or related field; 2 years CAD and/or design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
San Jose California, United States
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to hold project meetings and present information clearly to the client and project team.
- Must be able to use a scale and calculate distances on plans. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to solve practical problems. Ability to analyze, interpret and prioritize information. Ability to furnish that information in written, oral, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to figure, hand to feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of these jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following in your email:
- Resume (attachment)
- Cover letter (paste into email body)
- And add in the subject: Job Application for Project Designer
We will review your experience and qualifications. If your profile matches our requirements, a member of SideMark's team will contact you.
Do you love social media? You might want to follow SideMark at LinkedIn. Thanks for your interest in joining the SideMark team!